Haikuesday is a poetry weekly published on Tuesdays. It exists to provide a platform for all voices to share 17 syllable stories.

Pages

5/20/2014

REGATTA BE KIDDING ME


Volume 1, Edition 3

 

Contributors:

Anna

Allen

Bertina

Joanna

Stephanie

Allison

Shemra

Black Swan

Johnny

Viz.Vid

Heidi

No sharps and no flats

In Symphony No. 6

Little C Major

 

Rain for an hour

Then sunshine burns through again

Florida weather

 

From rags to riches

She kept on singing that song

’Til she moved beyond

 

Hide under tables

I hear Momzilla coming

Quick! Grab me a drink

 

Work hard and no play

At least we get the money

I cannot complain

 

 

 

Cinco de mayo

Carnita quesadilla

Breakfast burrito

 

Swim little ducky

Riverboat charging at you

Narrow escape, phew

 

Creamy milky eggs

Sweet burnt sugary topped flan

Cinco de Mayo!

 

Bus back home is slow

Silent music in most seats

Too sunny too hot

 

Melancholy song

Ballad moves my work along

Resonates with me

 

Live with a roommate

Or find a place to myself?

A hard decision

 

B.M.W.

Merge behind where there is space

And smoking kills dude

 

For my first haiku

I wanted to be clever

Still working on it

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ HAIKUESDAY. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign