Haikuesday is a poetry weekly published on Tuesdays. It exists to provide a platform for all voices to share 17 syllable stories.

Pages

4/24/2017

KEEPING AN EYE ON YOU

 

Volume 3, Edition 3

 

Authors:

Allen

Allison

Anna

Anon

Anon #2

Cherie

David

JJ

Joanna

Johnny

Ms. Undateable

NN

Rob

Shemra

Tristan

With an eye on you

Resting at the water line

Hippopotamus

 

Beep beep beep buzz buzz

Sound seeping through the window

Start of a new day

 

[5 syllables of silence]

[7 syllables of silence]

[5 syllables of silence]

 

Two months on the mend

and I just realized that

you can’t read your name

 

Can’t believe this pain

Why the suffering and strain

Back went out again

 

The Trader Joe’s curse:

Buying all the cookies when

none were on your list

A foggy morning

Oatmeal and a cup of tea

Time to go to work

 

Night’s frost fades away

Morning dew brings gentle warmth

Time to bask in it

 

Haiku is not me

I long to be somebody

Instead I’m punny

 

Darkness envelops

Stuck in a dark labyrinth

Haunted by regret

 

I play my sweet song

Notes flow in the gentle breeze

And I feel at peace

Baby Matty D

Is it a dream or nightmare

Portable and hawt

 

Water and islands

Cars, people, waves and the breeze

Boats passing; Ferry

 

At the gym daily

Making my body stronger

Really need water

 

And today I found

Bear hugs in an envelope

It made my heart sing

 

Trapped in a foam cup,

hints of emerald peek through wet, squishy soil

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ HAIKUESDAY. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign