Haikuesday is a poetry weekly published on Tuesdays. It exists to provide a platform for all voices to share 17 syllable stories.

Pages

8/29/2017

SUNS OUT, PUNS OUT

Volume 3, Edition 13

 

Authors:

Anna

Eleanor

Johnny

Lynn

M

Ms. Undateable

Nathan

Rob

Shemra

Wanderluster

WH

Viz.Vid

Wish I were taller

With a voice, loud as the sea

I was still the same

 

Lyrics she sings of

Loneliness in harmony

A wave of sadness

 

100 degrees

Sun rays scorching down on us

Flood rains in Houston

 

Most whites seem well off

Some blacks are, many are not

Apartheid was bad

 

With dollars in hand

Paper buying, fingers crossed

Lotto let me win

Perched on jagged rock

Sea foam waves lap at her fin

A call to come home

 

Lessons learned in time

Researchers are people too

Looking back – Worth it

 

Signal hill is last

Mountain in Cape Town to climb

Cable car is fun

 

A forehead furrowed

Three squares high and three squares wide

Work that rubix cube

 

The sound folds me in-

to Lemonade’s poetry

Captivates my mind

A new job in hand

Excited and terrified

What brings the new year?

 

Overwhelmed by life

I want to remember the

good parts not the bad

 

Cape Town has mountains

Devil’s peak, Table mountain,

Lion’s head, one more.

 

Green grass underfoot

The wind passing through my hair

Don’t want to go home

 

Lyrically intense

Rainer Maria Rilke

Today in my thoughts

 

Photo: Cape Town, South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ HAIKUESDAY. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign