Haikuesday is a poetry weekly published on Tuesdays. It exists to provide a platform for all voices to share 17 syllable stories.

Pages

9/02/2014

IT'S A LITTLE BRISE OUTSIDE

Volume 1, Edition 18

 

Contributors:

Anna

Allen

Stephanie  

Allison

Johnny

Viz.Vid

Sarah

Jessica

Teej

Gizelle

C.H. Rose

Boat’s forty dollars

To go to Molokini

Snorkeling is fun

 

Mom and Dad didn’t go

Gazed at each other instead

Perhaps lovingly?

 

Young flowering buds

Delicately unfolding

Pining to blossom

 

Loss in youth to death

Shakes our daily assumptions

That life is infinite

 

Four day weekend here

Brings me much needed good cheer

Toast with wine not beer

 

School starting again

I have class at 6pm

What am I in for?

 

Won’t stop. Knock me down.

Going to make it to the top

Nothing can break me

 

Three day weekend, yay!

Why aren’t 4 day work weeks

A permanent affair?

 

Carousel goes round

Round and round and round it goes

Hope my luggage comes!

 

 

Bob’s song told me to

‘Don’t worry about a thing’

‘Cause stress makes you sick

 

“You see that lobster?”

A scorpion looked at it

and said, “Whoa - mermaid.”

 

Cotton candy grapes

What the heck did I just eat?

Oh, crossbred hybrid

 

A day of labor

Vacuum, swiffer, laundry, more

For a clean new start!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ HAIKUESDAY. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign