Haikuesday is a poetry weekly published on Tuesdays. It exists to provide a platform for all voices to share 17 syllable stories.

Pages

6/24/2014

JUST CALL ME BRAVEPART

Volume 1, Edition 8

Contributors:
Anna
Allen
Johnny
Vidhya
Sarah
David
Jessica
Teej
Gizelle
When I read haiku
I hear them in the voice of
Lovely Barry White.

Call me Sir Speedy
I am a great thresher shark
I will eat you up

Flying planes is fun
And so is scuba diving
I like to pretend

Stone Pine digs its roots
far beneath the whole city;
Hear the tranquil sea.

Champion of seat
belts, airbags and drinking age:
Elizabeth Dole!

I love to travel
And stay in beautiful lands
I jump up and down


Florida is hot
I whine sadly and sweat lots
Quench it with ice cream

Tiny giggles sing
Happily above the haze
Tickle the mundane

Haiku are awesome
But sometime I don’t get them
Dumbo octopus!

I think I have a
meeting but I’m not sure
if he’s still coming?!

My toilet won’t flush
So I punched a hole in it
And now it flushes!

I went to Austin
To see black bats from a bridge
They did not take me

Having it all is
Not the same as having it
Together,  I learned.

Be true, you haiku!
What else could I do to you?
But to thine be true.

It's her conundrum
Enrique or Matty D
She falls for hero!

Toats, adorbs, cray cray.
Huh? What’s that? Is this English?
I feel old, how sad.

Love to sing it
Like to scream it all about
Haiku is awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ HAIKUESDAY. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign